Official Rules for 2014 @SonyOpenTennis (#SonyOpenTennis) RT Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: Sony Open Tennis RT Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to individuals who (a) are legal residents of the continental United States, (b) are at least eighteen (18) years of age or the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence, whichever is older, and (c) have a Twitter account. Employees of the Sony Open Tennis, Sony, or other companies associated with the Sweepstakes (including any advertising and promotion agencies), and their respective parent companies, affiliates and subsidiaries as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void outside the continental United States, in Alaska and Hawaii and where prohibited.
2. Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Sony Open Tennis, 1500 Douglas Rd Suite 230, Coral Gables, FL 33314 (“Sponsor”). Twitter is not affiliated with this Sweepstakes.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: By entering the Sweepstakes, entrant indicates his/her full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, (a) these Official Rules and (b) Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Entry Period: The Sweepstakes will take place on March 7, 2014 from approximately 1:30 PM Eastern Time (“ET”) to 11:59 PM ET, March 14, 2014 from approximately 10:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) to 11:59 PM ET, March 21, 2014 from approximately 10:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) to 11:59 PM ET, March 24, 2014 from approximately 10:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) to 11:59 PM ET and March 28, 2014 from 10:00 AM ET to 11:59pm ET (“Entry Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
5. How to Enter: If you don’t already follow Sony Open Tennis on Twitter, visit http://twitter.com/SonyOpenTennis and click on the icon to follow Sony Open Tennis. Once you have signed up to follow Sony Open Tennis, to enter, simply engage with us on Twitter by RT’ing the specified daily message during the Entry Periods for your chance to win a prize. During the period of March 7, 2014 through March 28, 2014 contestants must RT
"Follow @SonyOpenTennis and RT this for a chance to win a Sony Xperia® Z Smartphone!! (http://www.sonyopentennis.com/en/schedule-and-events/events/2014/twitter-sweepstakes) #SonyOpenTennis".
If you post updates to or receive updates from Twitter via SMS from your wireless phone, your wireless service provider may charge you for each text message you send and receive. Please consult your wireless service provider for more information. Sponsor is not responsible for any charges wireless service provider may charge entrant. All terms and conditions of Twitter.com apply. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same Twitter account. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different Twitter accounts, identities, registrations, or logins, or through any other methods, may void all of that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. The use of any automated system to enter or subvert the entry process the Sweepstakes is prohibited and may result in disqualification.
6. Winner Selection: During the Entry Period, Sony Open Tennis will randomly select a total of 5 eligible individuals who engage with Sony Open Tennis (as described above) as potential winners (One per week, with the exception of the last week in which there will be two winners). The odds of being selected depend on the number of eligible individuals who engage with Sony Open Tennis during the Entry Period.
7. Notification and Requirements of Potential Winner: Potential winners will be announced during the Entry Period as they are selected. An individual is not deemed a winner unless and until he/she has complied with these Official Rules regardless of whether he/she has been announced as a winner on Twitter or in any other forum. The Sponsor will also send the potential winner a message from @SonyOpenTennis to the potential winner’s Twitter account used to enter the Sweepstakes with instructions on how to claim the prize. In order to receive a message from Sponsor, Entrant must (a) be following @SonyOpenTennis and (b) have his or her account settings set to “unprotected” and/or “public.” If a potential winner does not respond and comply with the instructions in the message within five (5) days after Sponsor sent the message or is not in compliance with these Official Rules, he/she will forfeit the prize and Sponsor may select an alternate potential winner in his/her place in a random drawing of all eligible entries received, if time permits. Except where prohibited, a potential winner may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (the “Affidavit/Release”). If a potential winner fails to sign and return the Affidavit/Release within the required time period, an alternate entrant will be selected in his/her place in a random drawing of all remaining eligible entries received, if time permits. By participating, each winner, except where legally prohibited, grants permission for Sponsor, the Sony Open Tennis, and their respective designees to announce his/her name on Twitter as the winner and to use his/her name, address (city and state), photograph, voice and/or other likeness and prize information for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without further compensation, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide in perpetuity, without notice or review or approval.
8. Prizes and Approximate Retail Values (“ARVs”): The following prizes are available to be awarded during the Entry Period: Five (5) Sony Xperia® Z Smartphones (ARV: $408.00 each) Sponsor reserves the right to not award all prizes if, in its sole discretion, an insufficient number of eligible individuals engage with the Sony Open Tennis on Twitter during the Entry Period. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied. Smartphone activation, data, and/or calling plan costs are not included and are the sole responsibility of the winner. Prizes are not transferable and must be accepted as awarded. Winners may not request cash or other substitution; however, the Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of comparable or greater value, in its sole discretion. All prize details will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Winner is responsible for any local, state, and/or federal taxes associated with receiving a prize.
9. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes in the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way, including, but not limited to by fraud, virus, unauthorized human intervention or other technical problem. If terminated, Sponsor may, at its discretion, award any unawarded prizes at random from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated entries. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In the event of a dispute regarding entries received from multiple users having the same e-mail account, the authorized subscriber of the e-mail account at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these rules. Authorized account subscriber is the natural person who is assigned the e-mail address by the Internet Service Provider (ISP), on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses.
10. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless the Sony Open Tennis (“Sponsor”), Sony Mobile Communications, Sony, their employees, and/or other companies associated with the Sweepstakes (including any advertising and promotion agencies), and their employees, respective parent companies, affiliates and subsidiaries as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee from and against any claim or cause of action arising, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize (including any travel or activity-related thereto). Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, inaccurate, stolen, delayed, misdirected, undelivered, or garbled tweets or direct messages; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the conducting of the live feed or the sending of tweets, the announcement of the prizes, or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to participants' or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading materials from or use of the website. Entrant agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees or other legal costs. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
11. Winners List: For the names of the winners (available after April 1, 2014), send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Sony Open Tennis RT Contest, 1500 Douglas Rd Suite 230, Coral Gables, FL 33134, for receipt no later than April 8, 2014.